It has come to an age where automatic transcription is improving day by day. There is a lot of AI-powered software that help to simplify your work.
Now, you can automatically transcribe audio/video files with AI-powered software. Automated transcript is machine generated and the accuracy varies from 60% to 90% depending upon the audio quality, accents, and other things.
Now, let’s talk about Otter.ai app. This is an AI-powered automatic transcription service that automatically transcribes an audio/video file for you. By importing an audio/video file from your computer or mobile device, Otter.ai processes the audio speech and creates a transcript for you.
Otter.ai has a free version and a paid version.
Otter supports the following file formats:
- AAC (listed in the Finder with the .m4p filename extension)
- M4A (including Apple voice memos)
- MOV (QuickTime)
Advantages of Using Otter.ai
Generates clean transcripts.
- Has a very quick turnaround time.
- Saves projects to revisit later.
- Generates speaker labels
- Punctuates the transcript.
- Provides accurate spacing where there are pauses in the audio/video file.
However, the automatic transcription has to be corrected before submitting. However, Otter.ai can still save you around 50% of the effort. Please ensure you check the following while correcting the automated transcript.
- Typing Mistakes
- Missing words
- Missing or incorrect paragraph breaks
- Utterances for strict verbatim files
- Incorrect capitalization of words
- Missing punctuation.
- Also, check out the following automatic transcription tools to produce machine transcripts which are an alternative to otter.ai.
These Apps provide you with a transcript free of charge so as to improve your efficiency and productivity.
You can watch YouTube tutorial here >>>>https://youtu.be/_pUw0TuBOVQ
You can always enroll for our online courses on;
Transcription, Video Caption or Virtual Assistant when you’re ready!